Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Desktop Graphic

Because I am an Art Educator, using any type of graphic program is pretty much second nature. It is essential to my program that I know how to use different types of technology to assist my teaching. Art class without visual examples is like a canoe without paddles! When I begin new projects with my students I usually have digital example images to project for the project introduction. I create the digital images mostly by finding images online of the artist or style of art that we are studying and use them as the starting point of the project. This is an example of a painting created by Franz Marc during "the blue rider" period in art:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfbq2wx3_3ds8dtjc3&hl=en

I also utilize pictures of student work as both examples and non-examples. Here are some examples of a students work in progress and then in it's finished state:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfbq2wx3_7d8pxcqfr&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfbq2wx3_9hh5t2bgt&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfbq2wx3_115r9mg4dm&hl=en

While I usually save the examples that I have personally created to show "in person," sometimes I do include my personal examples in the digital introduction to the lesson. This is a picture of one of my watercolor paintings:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfbq2wx3_13hj39kvcz&hl=en

I am also well versed in PhotoShop, and was specifically the CS2 edition. Unfortunately I do not have PhotoShop on my PC, and only 1 computer at my school has Photoshop... so finding a photoshop project that I have made that I can upload has proven difficult. I created our school-wide Positive Behavior rules poster using Photoshop, and the posters currently hang in every classroom in our school... If I can't find a way to get the project file, then I will simply include a photo of the poster that I created using PhotoShop. I hope that will work!

The pictures that I take with my camera create very large jpeg file sizes, so I utilize a program called IrfanView to resize the file to a more manageable size. I save the smaller file to 640X 480 pixels. I uploaded my examples for this assignment using Google Docs because I was unable to get FTP to work this evening... weird... it worked just fine yesterday... and Google Docs was fast and easy. To further make sure that I have met the requirements for this assignment, I will add that the file that I linked to in the FTP assignment is, in fact, a Word Art document, and is technically a graphic example.

No comments:

Post a Comment