Monday, February 16, 2009

Image Capture

The Windows Paint program is always fun to use. I guess I just never really thought about making a lesson out of it. I would love to do a self-portrait project with my students where they take a photo of themselves and use the paint program to "paint" their bodies and backgrounds around their heads. Here is my example:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfbq2wx3_154gtdgjhb&hl=en
I had alot of fun making this self-portrait!
The specifics of my picture process are as follows: I took a jpeg photo of myself that was 640X 480 pixels and copied and pasted it into the paint program, then I cropped my head and copied and pasted in onto a new paint page. I then erased around my hair and any background in the photo, and began to create my body and background. I used the eyedropper tool to try to match my skin color in the photo to my hands (although they seem alittle dark!). If I had more time I could have improved the image... but it will do for now.
I definitely plan to use this as a mini project to teach self-portraiture, technology integration, symbolism, ect.... Great Idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment